This course is designed for Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health and Safety Health and Safety Representatives, providing them with the opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training course and refresh their knowledge of the importance of OHS in the workplace, the Safe Work Approach and Risk Management Principles.
Under the Victorian OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSR’s and deputy HSR’s after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
The learning objectives (as provided by WorkSafe Victoria) of the course are:
- Interpreting the Occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice(PIN) and directing the cessation of work
Cost $290 (includes GST)