Under the OHS Act 2004 (Section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training for HSRs and choose their training course in consultation with their employer. Australian Safety & Training Group is approved to deliver the HSR Initial OHS Training Course.
The learning objectives (as provided by WorkSafe Victoria) of the course are:
- Interpreting the Occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice(PIN) and directing the cessation of work
This practical skills orientated program is primarily designed for HSRs and Deputy HSRs. The course is also beneficial for Health and Safety Committee members and Managers / Supervisors who are proactive about OHS.
Phone Mark Grace on 0407 808 145 for more details or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $890 (includes GST)