This course provides an understanding of the legal responsibilities of employers towards contractor personnel and of the processes that are necessary to manage these WHS obligations. Employers are sometimes of the belief that if they use a contractor to perform a task they are absolving themselves of any WHS responsibilities. This is not the case.
Who should attend?
Managers and supervisors responsible for the management of contractors in the workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the legal responsibilities towards contractor personnel
- Describe the role of an WHS program in the operation and development of an WHS management system for contractors
- Understand the need to assign responsibilities to those people with appropriate authorities to perform the required tasks
- Describe WHS responsibilities for typical organisational and contractor roles
- Describe the requirements for standard work practices
The course can be covered in a half day workshop and can be customised to your needs.
No formal assessments will be undertaken for this course.
This is not a public course hence training is conducted at the workplace itself.
Please contact us on 0407 808 145 or email email@example.com to discuss your needs.